14 Jan How to improve confidence in children
It is very important that our children develop confidence in themselves to face a world full of challenges.
Children face a world full of challenges every day and this can make a little one feel somewhat insecure. At three or four years they have to compete with their peers to be able to make a dent in friendships and they need to strengthen their self-esteem to do so. Sometimes children can feel more withdrawn or distrustful when it comes to entering the world, something that could make them stand aside and not discover all the good that there is in the world for them.
This can happen because of a lack of confidence that needs to be remedied, and it is the parents who are in charge of improving this so that children can have a better development. It is absolutely necessary that children can increase their confidence so that in this way, they are able to face the world trusting in all its possibilities.
Does your child have confidence in himself?
It is necessary to know if the child really has confidence in himself or if he feels insecure. As a father or mother, you are sure that your child has the talent and you feel proud not only when he does things well but when he tries. But maybe your child feels shy, has low self-esteem and in front of other people prefers not to show his talents because he thinks he is not good enough. If you don’t enjoy team games or stay away from competitions or showing your talents to others, then you most likely have symptoms of a lack of confidence.
Things that reduce confidence in children
Never laugh at your child’s mistakes because you will damage his self-esteem and also make him feel insecure, instead of laughing teach him that mistakes are the best teachers and that thanks to them we can achieve better things. This is the main advice that you should take into account for your child to have confidence in himself, but you should also keep in mind that there are many other things that can reduce confidence, also his self-esteem and that you should avoid by all means:
– Laugh at their mistakes. Use humor for other things, but never to laugh at your children.
– Scold children in front of others. Scolding him will reduce his confidence and in addition to hampering his personality development, he will not know how to improve his behavior. It needs your example.
– Do not believe what he tells you. Even if their stories seem false or you know they are not true, convey that you believe their words and when you discover that they are not true, then you must teach them the value of truth and honesty.
– Repeat things several times. Repeating the same things, a thousand times is showing your children that you don’t trust them or their abilities. Allow that after listening to you, be able to decide and act as it sees fit.
How to build your confidence
The good news is that trust can be built and your child can noticeably improve and start to trust himself and stop being insecure. But how can you build the confidence of a child who thinks he is not worth as much as others?
Building a level of trust is necessary for good parenting. All parents in the world like to see their children well, which is why the desire of any parent that their little ones grow up being able to face the world and above all, to be successful and feel good about themselves. For a child to have confidence in himself or herself it is necessary that he be the best in everything he does, it is necessary that he trust his abilities even if the result is not perfect and that above all, he knows that from mistakes he can learn and do it the best next time. Children should not be allowed to succumb to lack of confidence and to see that children can perform well in all areas; it is necessary to give them the gift of confidence first.
Trust is a gift that parents should give their children; in this way, they can build their own. Parents can encourage it during the child’s early years, from birth to four years, it is crucial for children to learn to have confidence in their abilities. If you want to build your child’s confidence and make it last a lifetime, don’t miss out on the following lines.
– Make learning an enjoyable activity. Every time a child learns something their success should be celebrated.
– Have confidence in children. This is key so that you can have greater confidence in yourself.
– Children are not born prodigies. They need to have learning time to be able to learn new things, their rhythm and abilities must be respected.
Don’t criticize or judge them, and make learning enjoyable
– Children forget things easily, so do not scold him because he does not remember a homework assignment. So that he can memorize what he should do, you can help him by putting pictures in the places he should do it.
– Keep a positive response to increase their confidence.
– Let your child be capable of making mistakes, this is part of growth and it will make him feel that he is capable of doing things by himself and improving over time.
– Do not criticize or judge your child. Being critical will not help you in any way, you need to know that criticism or judgment will only reduce your confidence. He needs you to guide and guide him, not a harsh critic.
– Give him small responsibilities at home. In this way, you will realize that you are capable of achieving what you set out to do.
– Praise your children whenever you have the opportunity to do so.
– Teach him to win, but also to lose.
– Encourage him to what he is doing so that he feels that he is capable of achieving it.
Life is competitive especially for the little ones, but it is necessary for parents to give them their confidence so that they feel capable of facing any challenge. The emotional support of the parents is the most important thing in all cases.